“Arrgh! It’s so annoying I can’t climb through that crux!! I know I can do it, I just need to get a little bit stronger/lighter/more flexible and then I’ll get it. But how am I going to do that? Do I just need to climb more? Maybe I should do pull ups??”
Where you’re at:
Natural ability has got you this far but now something seems to be holding you back. You’ve not trained in a specific or structured way before and there tends to be no real plan to your session. You may have dabbled with core exercises, pull ups or followed a friends training plan. You have an idea what your weakness’ are but now you feel you need some direction to help you achieve your goals.
What your issues tend to be:
- You feel you need to be stronger/lighter/fitter/more flexible either in general or in specific areas.
- Your movement is limited on high steps and rockovers, it’s also difficult getting and keeping your hips into the wall.
- You struggle holding holds or pulling through on moves you should be able to do.
- Your feet cut loose on overhangs and it’s a battle to put your feet back on.
- You struggle to maintain your balance on technical moves, especially on small footholds, aretes and slabs.
- You feel stuck climbing at the level you’re at now and progress seems just out of reach.
What you need help with right now:
- Someone to identify/confirm the things you need to do to keep your climbing progressing.
- A training plan that is specific to you and your goals, giving you direction and refueling your psyche.
- A step by step guide of how to structure your climbing session including what to do when you warm up and cool down, what additional extras you can tag on and how to stretch at the end of your session.
- 1:1 guidance and correction to keep you on track, and helping you achieve your goals.
- Session notes in an easy to access format with pictures/videos of each exercise, making sure you don’t forget and making life as easy as 1, 2, 3.
The program that will suit you best is the Training to Train program.
To find out more about the Training to Train program and book a free 1:1 consultation, fill out the contact form below.